Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(02-03-2023, 10:37 AM)Synric Wrote: So how high do you take Tyjae Spears now? Would you take him over guys like Kenny McIntosh and Chase Brown?

Spears is still a smaller back so his workload will be less. His pass blocking is a work in progress putting it lightly. Going into year one he's a weapon you could probably use for 12 to 15 touches a game... but what you could get from those 12 touches could change the game because of that explosiveness and speed.

EDIT: Also if the Bengals take someone like Spears or say MacIntosh do they count on Perine ina RBBC or do they completely rebuild the room and take Chris Rodriguez jr or Camerun Peoples late as a match set?

Your assessment of Spears and his pass blocking does not seem to match up with what Senior Bowl staffs had to say about it. They stated he was a standout in blitz pickup drills.

Quote:"I did OK, but I feel like I can do better today," Spears said on Wednesday morning when asked to evaluate his first day of practice. "There's more in store for Day 2."

Spears was right: Wednesday brought more explosive, fastest-guy-on-the-field runs from the 5-foot-9, 204-pound back who rushed for 1,581 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2022, including 17-205-4 in the Cotton Bowl against USC. Spears also stood out in pass protection drills, where a running back demonstrates whether or not coaches will trust him enough to put him on the field as a rookie.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2023/tyjae-spears-evan-hull-storm-senior-bowl
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment - OSUfan - 04-02-2023, 02:24 PM