Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fundamental Question going forward
(04-02-2023, 02:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes.

And I think they're going to have to start trading guys with a year or 2 on their contract for draft picks if they aren't in the long term plans.

One issue with the strategy they use is they do a lot of 1 year deals. So if the guy hits, they leave town for a bigger contract.

To first bolded, I agree with you.  They should try to get something of value, weather draft collateral or perhaps even a player who might not be living up to expectations, but maybe our coaches notice specific traits that would fill a specific role.

To second, I get the feeling sense that the team is now suddenly much better at identifying useful talent.  They don't seem to mind the cheaper "rent a player" route, as it is paying off so far.  But to be fair, when Taylor and Co. took over, the cupboards were pretty bare as far as up and coming depth players were concerned.  Perhaps now, with better talent identification and selection on our side, maybe they can stock primarily via the draft and have to go to the free agency well less?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fundamental Question going forward - SunsetBengal - 04-02-2023, 03:17 PM