Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fundamental Question going forward
(04-02-2023, 04:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not sure we can say that yet. Yes, we lost Bell and Bates, to experienced vets who knew the system. But we replaced them with younger but faster players. With the increased speed, and Hill is now in his 2nd year in the system, we may in fact have gotten better. Remember, Playoff Jessie was not around for most of the season anyway. He was playing timid most of the time to keep from getting injured last year, and the year before he admitted his head wasn't on straight because of his contract. We kept our linebackers intact and the same with our D line. We will be getting Awuzie back, and CTB was playing lights out at the end of his rookie year. 

Scott isn't younger. Agree on the speed.

It is hard to evaluate Bates, at his best I don't think he moved the needle like a Minkah. He was average a lot too.

It's really hard to tell with what we have in Scott and Hill. On paper though, we lost a lot of starting experience. Between Hill and Scott, they have like 1 year of starting experience. I can't see how there isn't atleast some fall off in safety play.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fundamental Question going forward - THE PISTONS - 04-02-2023, 04:19 PM