Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fundamental Question going forward
(04-02-2023, 09:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When Burrow is making $50 mill a year, Chase and Tee $25-30 million each...it's going to be significantly harder to add free agents/retain guys. That's over $100 million in cap space tied up in 3 players. For perspective, the cap is around $225 million this year. Now it should go up a decent bit, but even if it's $260 million, can you tie up that much in 3 guys?

As far as production, I'd imagine all 3 of those guys are probably 85-90% to their statistical ceilings. So you'll be paying astronomically more for similar production.

Even $75-80 million in Burrow/Chase is challenging, but I think doable.

Does anyone see any way to make this work?

If we do extend Tee like it is looking like we will, I don't expect it to be much more than 20 mil per year, if that. Tee has been banged up, a lot.

With Chase of course, he is a top 5 WR easily but we will have him on the team till 2026, so we can wait on his extension.

This will be the year we give Burrow, Tee and Wilson the big dough and prepare for the Chase extension down the road.

Also would like to extend Reader for a couple more years, he is the centerpiece of our DL, need to keep him.

You aren't going to draft a DJ Reader replacement, he is special. 

There are ways to make it all work while hoping we hit on our draft picks. This, will be the key.

The Chiefs hit on theirs last year, now it is our time to hit on ours.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fundamental Question going forward - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-03-2023, 01:27 PM