Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 DL Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(04-01-2023, 11:46 AM)Synric Wrote: Heard something interesting yesterday. Only one sub 32' arm DT has had a solid NFL career since 2000 and that's Ed Oliver at 31 3/4 ' arms. Calijah Clancey has sub 31' inch arms at 30 5/8ths. Dude has one of the best rip moves in college football but taking him in the first round is betting on a one of a kind player with some very low odds. His frame is in like the 2 percentile of DT since 2000. 

Surprised Geno had that much of longer arms, what was he? 32" even?

Gives me pause with Kancey though. I like Bresee, Mazi Smith, Will McDonald in the first 2 rounds.

Wilson, Murphy, Van Ness at Edge.

(04-01-2023, 12:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We a largely in agreement. 

TE is the most pressing need in terms of a starting level player and overall depth. But it is a deep class and you don't want to reach at #28. Jonah's situation and the injuries to Collins and Awuzie could put RT and CB higher than they appear right now. 

With the upcoming extensions hits for Burrow, Chase, and likely Higgins/Wilson, getting starter level players on rookie/cheaper deals is valuable pretty much everywhere except QB/LB, and maybe safety if Hill, Scott, and Anderson pan out. Jonah's $12.6 mil and Collins' $9+ spring to mind immediately. Jonah is in his last year and Collins is signed thru 2024. Though IDK what we'd necessarily us $20 mil in cap savings on this year at this point. Though signing bonuses for Burrow, Higgins, & L. Wilson are gonna be pro-rated back in and are gonna be around $15 mil, which, coincidentally, is a little less than the cap cap space we currently have. 

Anyway, beyond the $35 mil we are paying iur top 3 OTs, and Mixon's deal, and Boyd's, DL is also VERY expensive. Hendrickson & Reader are both fantastic, and paid accordingly ($15 mil plus). Hubbard and Hill both around $10 mil. We coukd use more pass rush (inside & out) and uogrades to some of the depth with the potential to take over later. 

DT/NT is not super deep, but Kancey at #28 would be my pick unless one of the stud OTs (Skoronski, Johnson, B. Jones, Wright), CB's (Witherspoon, Porter, Gonzalez) or DEs (Wilson, Murphy, Van Ness) fall to us. Which seems unlikely outside of maybe Wright. There are some decent ones mid round, but I'd be hunting TE, CB, and DE first. Maybe RB/WR too. 

Nice post, Wilson really stood out to me in 1 game I watched him play last year. He looked unblockable and a man amongst boys.

(04-01-2023, 06:13 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah I'd really like for then to get creative with pulling forward guaranteed money to make a few 2024 guys have smaller hits.  Kancey is my dude too, but I'm not seeing the 2nd best DT available at 28. I also think it's hard for some of us fans see him without a bias.  In tape, I'm seeing Geno or Donald with a little less strength, both players have sentimental value being the one that kept us from a ring and the guy we wish could have won one as a Bengal. 

Well, as Synric noted, Kancey has short arms, could be why he falls to us...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 DL Draft Prospects Group Assessment - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-03-2023, 02:05 PM