Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
(12-21-2015, 11:00 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Man you guys are ridiculous.. It was McCarrons first start and the game plan was obviously stay committed to the run so he will be comfortable. 49ers knew this and loaded up on the run defense. AJ made the necessary plays to keep drives alive, while not committing any dumb turnovers.

You couldn't ask for more of a backup in his first start. Stop being so nit pickey and get over it.

Rep.

If McCarron plays as well in both remaining games, and shows improvement in both, I would be comfortable with him starting a playoff game. I know that sounds crazy, but we still don't know which Andy will show up for the playoffs. He has had a great season, and hasn't had any stinker games, but we still lost 2 out of 3 prime time games with Andy. On top of that, if the playoff game is his first game back, we really don't know what we'll be getting. He could be rusty, or his thumb could still give him problems gripping the ball and he could be inaccurate, we just don't know. Either way, we would be going into the playoff game with an unknown commodity at QB. In that case, I would be comfortable with the one playing well at the time (McCarron). And who knows, he could shine in big games. I have enough faith in the rst of the O, the D and the ST to trust whoever we put in at QB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're not winning anything without Dalton. - Beaker - 12-21-2015, 11:31 AM