Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fundamental Question going forward
(04-03-2023, 04:54 PM)Nepa Wrote: My prediction is that as soon as the Bengals let a sure-thing go in Higgins, they will fail to find suitable replacements for the money saved and the Bengals will decline. So many posters are just assuming that the money saved will translate into quality defensive and offensive players. Did fans forget the Bengals once used a 9th overall pick on John Ross? Or David Pollack getting injured? Higgins is a sure thing. Draft picks and free-agents (Waynes) don't always work out the way dreamed.

The other thing is this continual comparison to the Chiefs letting Tyreek Hill go and still winning a Super Bowl. The Chiefs had homefield advantage based on quite a fortuitous schedule, including 6 wins in their relatively easy division.  And still they probably would have lost had the Bengals not lost 3/5 of their OL. The Chiefs lost to their two biggest opponents in the regular season (Bills and Bengals), and had quite a few very close wins over poor opponents, or they might have had their first away game postseason game with Mahomes.

And the Chiefs also have the most unique weapon in Travis Kelce, with his 110 receptions and 1338 yards. I would not be using their model for the Bengals.

Nor do I want to spend the next ten years watching Higgens playing for some competitor. Try not to let the sure thing go. Higgens, Chase, and Joe have been the cornerstone of what is a passing offense.

When you have an elite QB, it should make average WR's look above average and above average WR's look good. That's how it should work.

Tee is really great at 50/50 balls. Some of the throws he catches, a normal WR doesn't get to. So on these throws, he makes Burrow look better.

It's a debate that no one is having. Does Chase/Tee/Boyd make Burrow look better than he is? Or does Burrow make them look better? If it's the 2nd, then WR's are plug and play.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fundamental Question going forward - THE PISTONS - 04-03-2023, 04:57 PM