Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cody Ford - A top 'under the radar' signing
(04-03-2023, 04:05 PM)higgy100 Wrote: And Trey did all that with a broken hand. Alot of the Bengals D was also to cause mass confusion as they do drop their DE's into the Leo position which plays like a LB so the constant pressures and sacks weren't there.But when they decided to get to the QB this team caused some nice havoc later in games and came up with sacks and pressures.

Truth, when Trey has to get home, he gets home better than about anybody. Amazing what he did with a broken wrist.

(04-03-2023, 04:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

I'm not getting my hopes to high that Ford is anything other than (hopefully) a decent backup. Carman on the other hand showed a bit of promise late last season. Crossing fingers he can finally develop into a good starter.

Yes sir, if Ford becomes good depth that's cool. Not expecting him to start at all, from what we have seen he is a bad starter.

I do like that he plays mean though as Soonerpeace says. I honestly don't care for finesse OL that much.

(04-03-2023, 04:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I had never heard of the guy who wrote the article, I just thought that it was nice to see a low key signing like Ford getting attention as being a good 'under the radar' signing.  Obviously the guy needs to do a little more studying before whiffing on a star player like Hendrickson.

If that happens, it will definitely be money well spent.  Hopefully the coaches saw some traits in Ford that haven't been able to be used to his advantage yet in his career?

For sure Sunset, I sure hope Ford does well, we just cannot count on it at all from what he has done in the NFL.

He might fit here who knows. Him and Orlando are definitely Power Gap scheme OL though, if we try and use them in Wide Zone it 
would be a mistake. These guys aren't athletic OL that you need in a Wide Zone scheme.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cody Ford - A top 'under the radar' signing - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-03-2023, 07:05 PM