Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Both Wright and Jones off the Board - MDD Sim
(04-03-2023, 12:18 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The problem for me with a trade-down:

How many of these players have a real chance to make the team?

Our roster is pretty good. I could see a RB, TE, corner, and olineman make the team based on roster spots available.
Maybe another player in the secondary as well. Of course Punter is up for grabs too.
I feel like a dlineman is a long shot unless they are a high draft pick.

With picking so late already it would be nice to get 2 or 3 potential starters in the first few rounds. I'd like to see TE, RB, and Corner or Oline drafted early. I think we should be able to find value at those positions.

If the right edge/interior dline falls and we can by no means pass on them, definitely make the pick. But I like how the draft stacks up at the above positions.

Nice job hitting a lot of those needs with solid value picks, OSU.

Also, what Bengal fans need to start embracing is that with the roster this franchise has built it is going to get more and more difficult to draft immediate starters and that is a really good thing.

However, in the case of this simulation you get a first round talent in Washington but you are getting him in the second round do that is a great value especially with it being a position of need.

The Bengals need to plan for the future and add pass rush depth. With Tuli you get exactly that. He is no doubt capable of being an NFL starting DE but with Hendrickson and Hubbard he is not going to be. The reality is that when you get to the level the Bengals are it get more and more difficult to keep players on your roster. The success of Hendrickson and Hubbard will make them a valued commodity. With a guy like Tuli you add depth and the heir apparent if either is lost. While he is not an immediate starter he is an immediate contributor in the rotation.

D.J. Turner as well may not be a day 1 starter but easily a day 1 contributor because of the offenses in the NFL and the need for multiple high level corners to match up. Not to mention can easily be a snap away from being a starter.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Both Wright and Jones off the Board - MDD Sim - OSUfan - 04-04-2023, 08:59 AM