Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The draft and the offensive line
Am fine if the Bengals go OL in first if the right guy is there. The problem with picking 28th is not knowing who will fall. Personally don't see the rest of the league letting a great OT without question marks to fall that far, but who knows. Plus not sure if the Bengals see it as a need.

Think everyone is happy presently with Cappa, Karras, and Brown. Seems the Bengals and many others are happy with Volson. My verdict is still out on him but think he may be much improved in 2nd season from natural growth and playing next to Brown. Not positive but think the Bengals are sold so I don't even factor it into the draft equation. Like him and am rooting for him. But if LG can be upgraded am fine with doing so as well, yet don't see this happening.

That leaves the RT spot where they have Jonah, Carman, and Collins if Jonah is not moved, then this is promising on paper. Yet hope Bengals definitely trade Jonah for draft pick which should open up all options for Bengals in the draft getting an extra 2nd or 3rd round selection.

But if not traded thinking the Bengals are thinking the trio of Jonah, Carman, and Collins will work out at RT. Guess even Ford can be added into this mix as well.

But I'm all for putting the best OL in front of Burrow that is possible. But taking Chase over a OT put the Bengals in the SB when the OL was in way worse shape. Wanted Sewell then but accepted that Chase was a freak and Joe's boy so he was worth rolling the dice on. Yet was in the draft Sewell camp

Think at #28 the Bengals and us fans really just need to see who falls and many including me are mocking Washington as the TE, who is a great blocker as well and helps the OL.
Think he will be available and why I lean that way over Wright who I see being gone but will not complain if he falls to the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The draft and the offensive line - spazz70 - 04-04-2023, 12:38 AM
RE: The draft and the offensive line - Go Cards - 04-04-2023, 11:09 AM