Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cody Ford - A top 'under the radar' signing
(04-04-2023, 06:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mehhhhh

Pass rush win percentage doesn't matter eh TLL?

All about sacks?

(04-04-2023, 07:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There's nothing wrong with a Power Gap rushing attack.  They've tried ad-nauseum to do the Wide Zone, and for one reason or another it just hasn't worked well with any consistency.  The best rushing attack is the one that your players can execute well, over and over again.

Being able to line up and move your opponent off of the ball is a great thing to be able to do.

These OL besides Adeniji just aren't built for the Wide Zone, they are power guys without athleticism.

(04-04-2023, 10:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I liked Cody Ford coming out of college.
He had sufficient length and size to stay outside, but he does lack some lateral athleticism.
We might see him not being able to consistently stay with guys who try to rush outside around him.
Ford reportedly prefers to play RT over guard anyway, which should be a motivating factor for him.
We'll see if he actually ends up being any kind of decent, but I'll honestly take anyone over Adeniji at this point.

Completely agree with everything you say Ochocincos. We will see if Ford finally settles down and plays well here.

I also liked Ford in that Draft and was for us drafting him in the mid rounds. He was solid at Oklahoma, nothing like he has been 
in the NFL. I thought Adeniji played well at one point in the season, but once again when we needed him to play his best in the 
Playoffs he sucked and this was at Tackle which is his only position he should play.

(04-04-2023, 11:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nathan, you keep saying this but teams want to run a mixture of schemes. They don't want to be tied down to one or the other. It makes them easier to defend.

Of course, but if we run the Wide Zone the majority of the time with these players we will struggle. They aren't athletic at all.

The least liked guy in Adeniji is the most athletic.

(04-04-2023, 11:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mixon doesn't have the traits to run a good zone scheme. 

Funny, I remember a couple years ago analysts saying how Mixon is built for the wide zone. Then, when we ran the gap scheme he 
actually ran well. I agree, Mixon just doesn't fit what we are running on Offense anymore. Need good pass pro and good vision in all
schemes. Really warming up on Charbonnet in this draft, he fits.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cody Ford - A top 'under the radar' signing - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-04-2023, 01:30 PM