Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fundamental Question going forward
(04-03-2023, 04:54 PM)Nepa Wrote: My prediction is that as soon as the Bengals let a sure-thing go in Higgins, they will fail to find suitable replacements for the money saved and the Bengals will decline. So many posters are just assuming that the money saved will translate into quality defensive and offensive players. Did fans forget the Bengals once used a 9th overall pick on John Ross? Or David Pollack getting injured? Higgins is a sure thing. Draft picks and free-agents (Waynes) don't always work out the way dreamed.

The other thing is this continual comparison to the Chiefs letting Tyreek Hill go and still winning a Super Bowl. The Chiefs had homefield advantage based on quite a fortuitous schedule, including 6 wins in their relatively easy division.  And still they probably would have lost had the Bengals not lost 3/5 of their OL. The Chiefs lost to their two biggest opponents in the regular season (Bills and Bengals), and had quite a few very close wins over poor opponents, or they might have had their first away game postseason game with Mahomes.

And the Chiefs also have the most unique weapon in Travis Kelce, with his 110 receptions and 1338 yards. I would not be using their model for the Bengals.

Nor do I want to spend the next ten years watching Higgens playing for some competitor. Try not to let the sure thing go. Higgins, Chase, and Joe have been the cornerstone of what is a passing offense.

That is the thing, you have to look at all sides of the equation. If we want to spend that money on OL, who is out there at this 
moment that can be an upgrade to what we currently have? What can we do NOW. Honestly, the best way to keep this team 
competitive at this very moment is the extend our current proven players. I could also see us declining if we let Tee go which 
honestly doesn't seem like it is going to happen.

We will extend Burrow, Tee, DJ and Wilson this Offseason pretty sure and in 2026 we should have the money for Ja'Marr. Alternating
the contracts of Tee and Ja'Marr makes it possible to keep both and Burrow, DJ and Logan.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fundamental Question going forward - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-04-2023, 01:41 PM