Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(04-03-2023, 02:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When cross-referencing both NFL.com and TDN, it sounds like Gray is willing to try to pass block, but he's not very good at it.
The first thing you always want is someone who is willing, but willingness doesn't always resort to actually being successful at it.

Cool, thanks.

(04-03-2023, 04:20 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So you have seen this film of him struggling? Then you can link me to it because I certainly have not found it.

They don't have highlights of players struggling OSUfan. You see it in the games. This is known that Spears isn't the best pass 
blocker, same with Gibbs. One thing about Spears though is he at least shown at the Senior Bowl he is very willing to improve 
this part of his game as you note. Still all for Spears if we pick him, just have to have a touch of concern with his pass pro.

(04-03-2023, 05:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Understandable but I'm glad the Bengals are doing due diligence on a possible draft steal. He had 2 team violations at Florida State the only one we know about for sure is that he was charged with possession of marijuana. If I had to bet I would say the second one that caused the dismissal from the program was a failed drug test because of the timing after the first.

Just looking at Khalan Laborn as a draft prosect we are talking day 2 quality of player. Laborn wasn't just a 5 star recruit he was the #1 RB in his recruiting year. He barely got any carries at Florida State before being dismissed then was out of football 2 years before he went to Marshall. 2022 was the only year he seen reps in college and he DOMINATED the Sun Belt conference and was the #2 Leading Rusher in all of NCAA football slightly behind Chase Brown. 

Khalan Laborn's talent jumps off the tape and we keep hearing about the Chiefs finding Isiah Pacheco in the 7th round well Khalan Laborn has a good chance of being that guy. I would not be complaining if they decided to double down at RB with Laborn in the 6th or 7th round.

Warming up to Laborn late. Could be a Simmons ST'er at the very least.

(04-03-2023, 05:37 PM)Synric Wrote: I had a chance to look at pro days today and I noticed the Bengals seem to be doing alot of homework on late round running backs. Ive mentioned Marshall's Khalan Laborn but they also have met with App State's Camerun People's and were at Kentucky pro day where Chris Rodriguez.

Good stuff, thanks for the names Synric.

(04-03-2023, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One RB who I've heard some talk about today is Chase Brown. 

(04-03-2023, 10:01 PM)pulses Wrote: I'm good with Chase Brown. Solid production can do it all and good pass blocker.

Yep, Chase Brown would fit what we need big time. Another do it all RB like Charbonnet.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-04-2023, 02:02 PM