Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cody Ford - A top 'under the radar' signing
(04-04-2023, 12:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mixon brings a lot of positives to the team. He's always there, works hard, great teammate and locker room leader and can produce, with volume. He's just not an efficient back, doesn't block well and he's not a threat to break a long run any time soon. His vision and contact balance isn't very good and he tends to do just enough, sporadically, to keep himself in the starting lineup because the Bengals aren't known for simply replacing guys that don't produce as much as you'd like vs expectations, if they're all of those other things. 

I think the things he brings are things the FO and coaches like. Burrow is the focal point. If Mixon were the focal point, i think there's more likelihood he would be replaced sooner. 

The bottom line is they would have not let Perine leave if they knew Joe was going to be cut. And most all the posters know that the Brown’s are very gracious when they do it. They’d have already done it so he could land somewhere before FA and the draft. If they were going to release him and free up a large amount of cap space they’d have got a DT or someone else. Releasing him now benefits them very little.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cody Ford - A top 'under the radar' signing - Soonerpeace - 04-04-2023, 02:14 PM