Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids
(04-04-2023, 08:40 AM)pally Wrote: Yes, people would have died....the teachers with their pistols would have been mowed down by the AR-15.  Uvalde cops didn't go in when they should have because they were outgunned.

We have millions of so-called good guys with guns...guess what the bad guys are still killing people.  More guns=more violence. We have more guns in the hands of civilians than any other country in the world...and we are among the most violent which is the opposite of what your "good guy with gun" theory should show.  Back in the wild west days, Dodge City, Kansas finally ended the killings in their streets by banning guns.  It worked.

The Buffalo supermarket had an armed guard.  He was the first to die.  Tree of Life Synagogue had an armed guard.  He was the first to die.

The potential of being killed doesn't stop these mass killers.  They go into it expected to die

Sooner than later common sense should prevail.  Every Tom, Dick, and Harry have 40 and 50 guns walking armed down the streets is NOT a "well-regulated militia"
If a teacher is in a room and has the gun pointed at the door after it has been announced or gun shots were heard, you think the shooter can come in, look around, locate the teacher, and shoot before the teacher shoots them?

They're also going to hide behind a desk or something while pointing the gun and the gunman is out in the open.
(04-04-2023, 02:23 PM)jason Wrote: It's also unclear if teachers even wanna be armed. Even if they do agree to be armed, do they have what it takes to actually use it. It's easy to talk about killing someone (especially if you've never done it). Quite another thing to actually do it. They're teachers...
Every teacher I've ever met would be willing to die for their students, so I think they'd be willing to kill someone trying to kill their students.
(04-04-2023, 02:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm more interested to see what kind of people decide to enter the workforce as teachers now that part of the job is being armed and expected to be able to shoot and kill people.  I know people have fewer kids now, but it still seems like the demand for teachers can rise while the job qualifications are being lessened on the education side and heightened on the "do you see yourself being able to shoot someone?" side.

Color me intrigued. 

When did I say every teacher would be armed?

It would be a choice and every teacher I've ever met is prepared to die for their students, so I don't think some would mind carrying in order to save their students lives.

Also, if a shooter knows that there's multiple soldiers at a school, don't you think they'll be less-likely to even attempt to attack the school?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids - BFritz21 - 04-04-2023, 02:52 PM