Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we draft a TE, who do you want and when?
(04-04-2023, 02:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, the reason why I'm still cautious is because of that: I want our tight end to be a sure thing with routes and be a safety outlet and the #1 option for Burrow a lot where he'll be right where Burrow needs him to be. I want Burrow to come off his first or second read and then just be able to fire the ball into the tight end. That's why I want(ed) Mayer more: he's more reliable, which is important, especially with our line still possibly being a weakness (even if it's much-improved). 

Hopefully, he's working on his routes and becoming more of a traditional tight end while also keeping his big play ability because, like you said, I think our offense would be unstoppable and very explosive. 

Agree, definitely understand the more sure thing as far as a pass catcher in Mayer. Washington would help out the OL more as a blocker
though, he is a fantastic blocker, maybe the best to come out at TE in at least 5 or so years. So big and strong with perfect technique.

I am good either way if we pick one of these guys in the first or trade back and grab one of them which would be ideal IMO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we draft a TE, who do you want and when? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-04-2023, 03:43 PM