Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Katie Blackburn-State of the Team
(04-04-2023, 09:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Gibbs at 28 won’t happen. Huge overreach. He’s not a tough inside runner.
NFL.com
Flashes of indecisiveness processing inside runs.
Looks for cuts when the track lacks traffic.
Below average feel for blocking development.
Missing contact power to get tough yards.
Might lack the frame for consistent blitz pickup.

ProFootballNetwork
Gibbs’ frame is noticeably lean, and he naturally isn’t going to withstand direct contact consistently. The Alabama RB isn’t an overwhelming physical specimen and visibly lacks a bruiser element. Moreover, while he has exceptional short-area explosiveness and speed, he doesn’t always play to his timed 4.36 40-yard dash and isn’t always a breakaway threat.

Operationally, Gibbs occasionally misses open cutback lanes, deferring to congested areas in the middle of the field. He sometimes goes on autopilot in short ranges and gets tunnel vision when things tighten up.

Additionally, Gibbs will sometimes play himself into congestion with wasted motion. His wasted motion shows up even when there are lanes to follow at times. The Alabama RB tries too hard to create space instead of using the space he has. He improved in 2022, but he can still be more concise and efficient.

In the passing phase, Gibbs sometimes loses track of the ball when streaking downfield. He can also more consistently attack the ball at the catch point, as he sometimes lets it come to him and invites contact. Gibbs also occasionally bobbles passes, which can delay transitions upfield on swings and screens. Furthermore, he experiences some lapses in ball security after the catch.

Gibbs’ need for added strength also shows up when pass blocking. The Alabama RB can be outmuscled and put on skates with his lighter frame, and he struggles to sustain blocks consistently.

Yeah, i went back and edited that post. Gibbs would be a trade back scenario.

I read all those pros and cons but i take my own opinion over them after watching the player. I really wanted Dalvin Cook in '17 over Mixon. I could just as easily be wrong about Gibbs. After all, i did really want Chris Polk (holey shit...was that really 11 years ago??!!). 

He's not going to be anyone's bell cow but he's going to be on some highlights and i'd prefer that he does it with the Bengals. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Katie Blackburn-State of the Team - pally - 03-29-2023, 08:12 PM
RE: Katie Blackburn-State of the Team - rfaulk34 - 04-04-2023, 09:37 PM