Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Katie Blackburn-State of the Team
(04-05-2023, 11:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Mixon was so bad at his huge salary why did they not put up a fight to save Perine? Why have they not shopped him around? Why have they hardly attended any running backs pro days? Why did they immediately resign Trayveon the minute Samaje notified them he was going to Denver? If they’d decided to move on from Mixon based on their history of doing right by players why wouldn’t they have allowed him to seek a place like Ezekiel?

They’ve said it a thousand times. They like this roster. There’s already been a lot more change than they wanted. I seriously doubt they want to go with a whole new backfield. Wouldn’t surprise me if they draft a running back in round 3 or 4. I think at 28 they go with BPA at 28 from these 3 positions…. CB,TE,or OT. Depending on how the draft develops will dictate a lot on what they view their pick at 60 could look like and have a bearing on 28. Their decision at 28 could be tied to what they think they can do at 60.

I don't know anything about how or why they think. I just know what i see on the screen and what i see matches his shortcomings before the draft. 

I don't disagree that they like the roster. I've said many times they really like Mixon. It was evident when he signed his second contract and nothing has really changed that. Their thoughts on him doesn't make him better than he is though. I've been very conflicted over the last year on what to do with him because i like him so much for everything he does for the team...short of his inconsistent production. It's only in the last couple months that i've swung a bit to the 'replacement' side, but i don't do it easily. 

With Perine being gone, i'm ok with a Mixon/Williams backfield but i'd like to see them get someone more explosive that has the ability to draw safeties in. 

I agree with the 2nd half of your last paragraph. That's what i'm thinking as well. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Katie Blackburn-State of the Team - pally - 03-29-2023, 08:12 PM
RE: Katie Blackburn-State of the Team - rfaulk34 - 04-05-2023, 12:21 PM