Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The draft and the offensive line
(04-04-2023, 09:37 PM)puddycat Wrote: Last 5 years: OL drafted in rounds 1-4:
1st: JWilliams, BPrice
2nd: JCarman
3rd: -none-
4th: CVolson, DSmith, MJordan
Horrible track record.. The only good player so far was picked Round 1 with the 11th pick.  And even he has been replaced.  I don't want to give up trying, but right now I have no confidence in picking a OT who will contribute this (or next) year.  Bengals are in win now mode. O'Cyrus Torrence is project to be a starter, but not a star, so a bit of a reach for round 1.  Bengals have put themselves in a good position to take BPA in round 1.  Unlike OL, the other positions of need all platoon, so the player will have a chance to flash (contribute early).

Last thing we need is another Ogbuehi no doubt. Darnell Wright is the most sure thing that is a possibility, the other Tackles are all 
very questionable. Trade back if Darnell Wright isn't there and grab one and a pick if we do take one of them with our first pick is all I 
can say. Drafting an OL in the first is as big of a gamble as any other position from our track record. Even Jonah was supposed to be 
the most sure OL in his class and look what happened. Injury prone and is now looking to be traded after a poor season.

I have hope for Carman too after the Playoffs, he was impressive at LT, if he can play like that at RT, we might not have a problem.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The draft and the offensive line - spazz70 - 04-04-2023, 12:38 AM
RE: The draft and the offensive line - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-05-2023, 02:17 PM