Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The draft and the offensive line
(04-05-2023, 07:30 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This is the most relevant point in this discussion.  Does a legitimate threat at TE help the offense?  Absolutely.  Will one of these TEs put up huge numbers in this offense?  Absolutely not.

That being said, this isn't a group of elite tight ends.  There's no Kyle Pitts, Hockenson or even Tyler Eifert in this class.  What we have is a very deep group of late first round and second round guys.  There are several later guys that could provide a legit threat in the middle of the field to defenses stop playing so much 2 deep.

Will there be a RT there that is worth the pick?  Who knows.  As always, take the best guy on the board and go from there.

There is a few guys that could be elite though, at least in my opinion. Here are 4 that have a ton of upside and could be those types...

Darnell Washington, Luke Musgrave, Josh Whyle and Kuntz. 

I think most of the others are solid which makes this a deep Draft, Mayer, LaPorta, Kraft, Strange, Durham, Schoonmaker etc.

I leave out Kincaid simply because he is a WR playing TE like Chase Coffman.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The draft and the offensive line - spazz70 - 04-04-2023, 12:38 AM
RE: The draft and the offensive line - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-05-2023, 09:19 PM