Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
Not sure how many from the League on this site. Doesn't look like many. I do want to say that I'll be glad when this 2 week start over with. It is more fun when we play a different member each week. This does happen at start of season and All-Star break.

I said I wasn't sticking with the lousy hitters I drafted, unless they did something. In one week. I used up my 11 add on's for this period. Mostly for hitting. I was without a First Base a few games. I finally found a Free Agent who hit a homer and put up some points. He was with Milwaukee and Miami but now with Oakland where he should get playing time, Aguilar. He can hit homers if he can get the bat on the ball, which is what I want at First Base. Up to now there was no First Baseman worth adding. While at it, I decided to dump a drafted shortstop not hitting for a 2nd / SS who is hitting. Then while at it, why not add 2 players already close to 50 points. One an OF, the other a 3rd Base for Reds who soon may also be a First Base by ESPN after 10 games there. Hey, this is how I got Devers when he first came up and was hitting in April before anybody knew who Devers was. This 24 year old OF Garrett for Milwaukee is around 50 points already and could be a young Super Star.

With a 160 add on limit, I won't be doing this all season. But I drafted good pitching, but my hitters stink, as per worst hitting numbers in league. There will be weeks my pitchers will not put up these kind of points I'm getting, and so The HOT Hitters in April needed added. I had a simple priority. They had to hit a Homer before I added them, and be putting up double digit points. Now I switched to close to 50 points, That will soon go to close to 100 points. I am going to have hitting, not going on last years stats as in the draft, but by going on this years numbers.

This Vosler is hitting so great for Reds, when and if Votto returns, Reds would be crazy to send Vosler to minors or bench him. He can play 3rd, or DH or just leave him at 1st and make injured Votto be the DH. The Reds are like my fantasy team, they can use all the hitting they can find, and Vosler is ripping the cover off the ball and should be the last Red to take a seat. I had to add him, and who knows, once ESPN adds First Base to his name, he could end up my best First Base all year, even if he plays another position, the First Base ESPN adds on will stay.

Anyway, I'm glad I added Aguilar because I had nobody at First, and Garrett Mitchell, Vosler and this 2nd / SS for Atlanta hitting well. It's a much needed upgrade, even if I did have to use up this weeks add on's before a 3 game weekend. I was in dire need of a First Baseman and a Hitting Upgrade. I had to drop a good pitcher who will be injured until late May or longer, and a closer off to a bad start, but so early to give up on a closer, but I needed hitting to compete in this tough league. You need a good blend of Pitching and Hitting, and I only had the Pitching, but I'm trying to get some more POP in my hitters.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show) - kevin - 04-06-2023, 04:20 AM