Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we draft a TE, who do you want and when?
To me there is an obvious top 3 in this TE class.

Washington is my TE 1. He is massive with somehow not sacrificing athleticism. He’s an absolute dominant run blocker. His run blocking tape has been the most fun to watch of any TE I can recall. As a receiver he’s a bull in a china shop. He has surprisingly good hands, high points the ball, fights for extra yards and punishes tacklers. His potential is through the roof and because Georgia is so loaded he doesn’t have near the wear and tear of the other top TE’s in the class. He’s also the youngest of the top TE’s. He is so good already and has a lot of room to grow which is what I think makes for an excellent 1st round prospect.

Mayer is my TE 2 and someone I would be very happy with at 28.He is the definition of well rounded. Blocks well, catches well and doesn’t go down without a fight. Very productive at Notre Dame and just has a knack for making plays. Plus he’s a local guy. My only “concerns” are he lacks the ability to separate and I think he’s pretty much reached his ceiling. But he’s very good at making contested catches so the 1st might not be a big concern.

Kincaid is the last of my top 3 and my least preferred but depending on how the board falls I could see him in play. He is the best receiving TE in the class. Great catch radius, reliable hands, goes up and gets the ball and has good speed to separate. Hes always working to get open. He’s just such a liability in run blocking that I can’t rank him any higher.

Side Note - I don’t get the Musgrave love at all. Without knowing others rankings, I would say he’s a 3rd to 4th round prospect. Definitely do not see his value in the first 2 rounds.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we draft a TE, who do you want and when? - WhoDeyK - 04-06-2023, 12:59 PM