Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN "Best team fits" has the Bengals taking Washington and Achane
(04-06-2023, 12:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Darnell Washington has some freakish size which should help him create mismatches and he runs pretty well at that size.  I tend to lean towards the Bengals getting a Tight end in round 2 since it is a deep class. Maybe Sam Laporta in round 2. 

Devon Achane has great speed 4.32 forty. It would be interesting to have him on the Bengals Roster. He would likely need a small workload at his size of 5 foot 8 and 1/2 inches tall and 188 pounds. Isiah Pacheco of the Chiefs measured in at  5 foot 10 and 3/8 and 216 pounds by contrast. They both have great speed.
I could see Achane's value as a #2 back with speed that gets up to 10 or so touches per game. (carries/catches)  

If we could get Laporta in the 2nd, that is my ideal scenario as well. He just looks like a player who will be in the league for a decade. Maybe never a true super star like Kelce, but will get you 800 yards and 6 touchdowns any given year.

Achane I don't know a whole lot about other than just he's a super fast, smaller RB. It makes sense as a pairing with Mixon but, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking we should be replacing Mixon since he is likely not on the team in 2024. It would be nice if we took a guy who could be a bell cow back in the future like Charbonnet or even Abanikanda. 188 lbs is scary to me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN "Best team fits" has the Bengals taking Washington and Achane - CJD - 04-06-2023, 01:03 PM