Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The draft and the offensive line
(04-06-2023, 03:23 AM)puddycat Wrote: IDK.. and if we draft an OT in the first round I still wouldn't know.

This is the truth especially if Darnell Wright isn't there...

Who knows if Anton Harrison, DaWand Jones or Matt Bergeron beat out Carman at RT in a true competition for the spot?

I would like the competition, but we want a starter in the 1st round. To me that is only Darnell Wright at RT.

A TE like Darnell Washington or Mayer or a stud RB like Bijan Robinson would start.

Also, wouldn't mind a Corner like Banks to really solidify our Secondary or a 3-tech like Kancey or an Edge.

And if we are not extending DJ Reader a NT could be a thought as well.

(04-06-2023, 11:41 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Awuzie and CTB...Dax Hill and Nick Scott...Irv Smith Jr....  these spots were filled or already filled.   RT can be taken care of, possibly, if the right guy is there.  Get the bookends solidified for the foreseeable future.  A decent 3rd round TE will be a great addition with a solid OL.  

Sorry...a TE or RB is a luxury pick for our team.  CB I can see if no RT.  I just want this line fixed.

We all want it fixed, but a 1st round pick on a Tackle won't necessarily do that as we have seen in the past.

Darnell Wright I think would, but he is unlikely to be there at 28 and I doubt we trade up for him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The draft and the offensive line - spazz70 - 04-04-2023, 12:38 AM
RE: The draft and the offensive line - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-06-2023, 01:48 PM