Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN "Best team fits" has the Bengals taking Washington and Achane
(04-06-2023, 02:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I understand the appeal for a dynamic playmaker like Achane, but I just can't see the Bengals going for a RB that small.
They have shown the past few seasons that they want to have a bigger guy than Mixon who can churn out short yardage, catch passes, and block.
I don't see Mixon as being able to take on that role.

On the other hand, Washington fits the Bengals offense to a T, especially if they want to "eat more glass" at the LOS.
I don't personally see Washington being any worse in the pass game than the likes of Hurst, who was a late 1st rounder himself back in 2018 (25th overall).
But you're also getting a fantastic blocker, which IMO is an upgrade over Hurst in that area.

Its the receiving back part that everyone wants to fit to the Bengals. I agree that Achane is tinier than the Bengals like they have gone small at 5'9 200-205ish before but not 20 pounds under 200.

The Bengals really struggled with range and blocking on the outside in the run game. Washington would be a huge upgrade in that area as well as inline. He could also be a big part of the screen game that doesn't exsist outside of WR bubble/tunnel screens in Cincy. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN "Best team fits" has the Bengals taking Washington and Achane - Synric - 04-06-2023, 02:21 PM