Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we draft a TE, who do you want and when?
(04-06-2023, 05:03 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I have no problem with the Bengals drafting a TE but the only one I would consider at 28 would be Darnell Washington. If they were going to select Washington I would prefer to see them trade down and gain a bit more draft capital and select him at the end of the first round or the top of the second round. Nope, I would not take Mayer in the first. I may be wrong but I feel like what is seen with Mayer right now is his peak. He is an absolutely solid TE that is no doubt NFL ready, but I think he is at his ceiling and that is not necessarily a bad thing and he is a safe selection. I would like a bit more from my first round selection.

Here are my top choices in order:

1) Darnell Washington - I think his ceiling is very high and I believe his ability as a receiver is only just beginning to be seen. When you watch him you see a natural hand catcher and a player that is going to create some nightmare defensive matchups as he continues to grow in the position. What an absolute redzone threat and you can run a heavy set and never take him off the field which makes the defense account for him.

2) Tucker Kraft - He wants to be great and he puts in the work to be great. I see Kraft being a top tier TE talent in the NFL sooner than later and he is going to have a very strong all around game. He is exceptional after the catch and is a very good blocker. I think he will better than another S. Dakota St. Jackrabbit...Dallas Goedert.

3) Michael Mayer - I believe that right now he is as good or better than either Washington or Kraft but I feel he ceilings for both of those guys being higher than that of Mayer. I will take nothing away from him and he has earned his status in this draft. Where I think he falls short of these two guys is a couple of years from now. I believe he will still be a super solid TE with a complete all around game but I just think Washington and Kraft are a bit better athletes overall.

4) Luke Musgrave - He is a willing blocker but needs to get stronger and utilize better technique as an inline blocker. He is a really natural receiver and has good hips and feet and gets out of breaks really well.

5) Davis Allen -  I think he is really flying under the radar in this draft but I think he has the potential to be a very good NFL TE. Needs to get better as a blocker but the base is there and he is really good after the catch. A really good athlete

6) Luke Schoonmaker -  Needs to get stronger and impose his size on defenders when being utilized as a blocker. Not much for yards after catch but a decent receiver.

7) Cameron Latu - A relatively decent blocker and I believe could in time be a much better receiver. Is still sort of raw at the position as he came to the college ranks as a edge defender.

8) Payne Durham - Very solid blocker with good hands. Not overly athletic and is going to use his strength to make the contested catch but not much wiggle to elude the defense after the catch.

You have Allen and Latu over LaPorta?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we draft a TE, who do you want and when? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-06-2023, 07:33 PM