Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals eyeing BYU’s Blake Freeland?
(04-07-2023, 10:28 AM)Housh Wrote: Freeland in the second means we passed on a good TE and RB for a project. I don’t want anymore Taylor Mays Dontay Moch projects.

That’s how you end up one of the worst drafting teams of the 2000s. When you think about it, we are one of the only teams to not draft many superstars in the 2000s. And 75% of the superstars we drafted have been on offense.

We drafted AJ Green, Geno Atkins, Burrow and Chase.

In 22 years of trying to only have 4 guys that i think would unanimously be labeled game changing superstars is bad. In our defense we’ve failed at drafting superstars but we do have a pretty solid record of getting decent players. And even with the 4 guys i named neither were ever the clear cut best player at their position.

Since Iv been alive we’ve never had a Fay Lewis, Aaron Donald, game changer monster fall to us. This probably explains the zero superbowls too. For as long as i can remember the teams that win Superbowls have those players.

All true, been a long run of bad luck, or just not having the eye for certain talent. There have been stars to be had, we just picked 
the other guy lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals eyeing BYU’s Blake Freeland? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-07-2023, 01:10 PM