Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock My Mock
(04-07-2023, 01:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: FWIW, I went into this as a "no trade" draft.  Bijan Robinson wound up falling all the way to 26, and I would have moved up a few spots for him if I wasn't using that stipulation.  

Personally, I like Branch a lot as a prospect.  I'm not sold on Scott and Anderson did not show much during preseason last year.  I remember Wright was gone and don't recall Anton Harrison or Ringo being on the board at this spot either.  While I could probably talk myself into being excited about Gibbs if he wound up being the pick, he's not a guy I would personally take here.  Jones was available, but he's off my board after all the non-participation in the draft process.  I don't think Washington was on the board at this point, either.

It was pretty much down to Charbonnet, Tucker Kraft, and DJ Turner in round 2.  In retrospect, Devon Achane fell in 3 and would have given us a more dynamic 3rd down threat, as well as return ability, so it could have been better to go with Kraft, but hindsight is 20/20.  Then again, Achane isn't going to be able to handle the load of Mixon goes down.  

LaPorta is probably a TE2 that the Bengals offense and surrounding talent will make look like a TE1.  However, it needed to addressed, at this point, and LaPorta was the best available.  Tippmann was tempting here, but I don't see a starting spot on the IOL available anytime soon.

Oh Lordy...I would have taken Tippmann all day long. That kid is going to be a good one and he compares pretty favorably to Creed Humphrey. A guy like Tippmann could be a starter at center as a rookie which would allow Karras to slide out to LG where he is experienced as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mock My Mock - Whatever - 04-07-2023, 11:52 AM
RE: Mock My Mock - OSUfan - 04-07-2023, 12:26 PM
RE: Mock My Mock - Whatever - 04-07-2023, 01:28 PM
RE: Mock My Mock - OSUfan - 04-07-2023, 04:47 PM
RE: Mock My Mock - Bengalstripes9 - 04-07-2023, 11:21 PM
RE: Mock My Mock - Whatever - 04-08-2023, 01:04 PM