Poll: Who was a better Bengal?
Rudi Johnson
Cedric Benson
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vs Series: Rudi Johnson vs Ced Benson
I loved Ced. I'll always remember him as an all-time Bengals great just for bringing toughness to the Bengals that they sorely lacked. He got a lot of hard yards and was always falling forward. May he rest in peace.

Rudi was much more than the RB with the two highest rushing yardage season totals in team history. The greatest pass blocking RB that I ever saw was Walter Payton. The 2nd greatest was Rudi Johnson, that's why I bought his jersey. He was a step or two above Giovani Bernard and James Brooks, who were both awesome pass blockers. Palmer's elbow was injured in the first game of the season the year that Rudi went to Detroit because of Chris Perry staying in to block on a play and then peeling out of the backfield too soon to go be a receiver. Much like Reggie Kelly's stats, Rudi's receiving stats are poor, and both are poor mainly to being a last second desperation dump off five yards behind the line. That's what happens to skill players that are committed to their blocking assignments.

Both were tough and strong runners, but I'm just a little bit more of a Rudi fan.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vs Series: Rudi Johnson vs Ced Benson - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-08-2023, 11:10 AM