Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we draft a TE, who do you want and when?
(04-07-2023, 06:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the team drafts Darnell Washington in the 1st, look for him to be the guy catching all of those contested catches on the sidelines.  The addition of Washington, provided he pans out, makes the team able to move Higgins and start over with a cheaper, newly drafted WR2.  

Sounds ugly at first, but then people wondered what the Bengals were going to do when AJ Green finally moved on, then Tee Higgins burst onto the scene.  WR is one position that the Bengals seem to be able to draft well at when they need one.

Cannot disagree Sunset. Probably is the right move to trade Tee, but from what Duke said it isn't happening, so I am just assuming
Tee stays with an extension and Boyd leaves next year. The addition of Darnell Washington would make it an easier transition in losing
Boyd. If we want to copy the Chiefs model, you just keep Chase and hope the TE you add is something like Kelce. The Chiefs get quite
a deal because of Kelce to keep the trenches stacked which is what winning teams do.

We will see how it goes. Sure sounds like we are going to extend both Burrow and Tee this Offseason.

(04-07-2023, 06:51 PM)pulses Wrote: This!! And I haven't really saw much of them checking out to many of the high ranked WR's in this class.....granted this class is not great also.  But i wouldn't mind someone like Mims in the 3rd. He needs work on finding spots in zone coverage but he's a good playmaker.

Good one on Mims, I also like him if we are moving on from both Tee and Boyd after this season while adding DW.

DW and Mims would make it a much easier transition, I just don't see us moving Tee, but Sunset is right, we actually draft WR's well...

Unlike OL. Need proven OL in FA.

(04-07-2023, 10:10 PM)Justin1462 Wrote: I’m also on the Washington train and would love him at 28, the help on the line alone is a reason to consider him and his upside as a receiver is super intriguing. 16.8 ypc, the guy is a monster who’s super hard to bring him down with the ball in his hands. We use TE for a lot of check downs so his ability to easily get first downs is huge plus. I don’t love Mayer myself, he has great hands but he’s not overly fast, fluid or athletic on film. I actually really like Kincaid also, I see most don’t like him but he’s by far the best recieving TE  in the draft and only started playing football in 2017. I think he had huge upside to become a 100 catch TE like Kelce(probably not on our team obviously) but would give us a lot of flexabilty with letting Boyd go and have Irwin or someone step up if he could become option #3. His knock is his blocking but with some NFL conditioning  I’m sure he could get his weight up 10-15 pounds to get him to 255-260 and improve his blocking. He’s been playing football for 5 years, is super athletic(was a basketball player)  and makes some unbelievable catches. Id be excited to see him in a bengals uniform but could see us go in another direction in the first round with IrV smith signed.

Been seeing us linked to Kincaid a lot lately and I probably have been the most adamant about not drafting him simply because of 
his poor blocking. But hey, if the coaches think they can coach up this part of Kincaid's game and we pick him I trust them. He is, like
you say, the best Receiving TE in this class. Sure would show a different approach than what we have been doing with TE's, where 
they HAVE to block well or nada.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we draft a TE, who do you want and when? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-08-2023, 02:58 PM