Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
North Dakota senators boost their own meal reimbursements rejecting free school lunch
(04-08-2023, 09:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: To be honest, this isn't about conservative versus liberal. I've talked before about the ideological slants of the parties in this country. But in reality this is less about their ideology and more about their values. Right now the modern GOP seems to value nothing other than power. They have shown they don't value democracy. They only really value holding onto their power and doing what benefits them, not what the people want.

Rolleyes

Why is it always just ONE-SIDED? Both do it when they can.

Back to topic at hand, not sure why they gave working people a better per diem, unless food prices there are astronomical, i'd have thought $35 per day was plenty. Then again, when was the last time you actually heard of a state being fiscally balanced? 

Senate Bill 2124 (Engrossment v-23.0470.04000) would change the daily in-state meal allowance from $35 per day to $45 per day (Breakfast-$9, Lunch-$14 and Supper-$22).

Onto schools, from a personal standpoint, i think both breakfast and lunches should be free. I'd much rather make sure kids are being fed at least 2x per day. But that's me, and i'm all for free education as well so i'm very extremist i supposed on that topic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Dakota senators boost their own meal reimbursements rejecting free school lunch - Mike M (the other one) - 04-09-2023, 05:46 AM