Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dr. Jill Biden wants BOTH LSU and IOWA WBB to visit White House.
(04-09-2023, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I have two friends that are Doctors.  One a chiropractor and the other a D.O.

I never call either of them Dr when talking about them or addressing them.  They are friends.  If I am talking about the doctor I personally go to I call them Dr. so-and so.  When I was in college and talking about a teacher I called them Dr so and so.  Seems the respectful thing to do.  I don't refer to Jill Biden as Dr. Jill Bide in every reference because its not necessary in this forum.  But I also don't attempt to belittle her accomplishment by saying "dr" either.  It's a personal choice I guess.

I think it's an American thing, since "Dr." is quite a respected title in Europe in non-medical disciplines.

Here we just don't put much store in book-learnin' the way they do in other countries. 

Americans are more comfortable with people bragging about wealth and sports accomplishments;
but fancy degrees don't make you better or "smarter" than anyone else. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dr. Jill Biden wants BOTH LSU and IOWA WBB to visit White House. - Dill - 04-09-2023, 11:30 AM