Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Ready for the Draft Simulation
(04-09-2023, 10:45 AM)Synric Wrote: I agree with this part the talent is there for him to be a very good inline blocker but the technique, understanding, and experience just isn't there yet. Add in an extreme jump in competition from FCS to the NFL and there is a lot of bad for Kraft year one. Kraft has one of the highest ceilings in the TE draft class but he has a very low floor too because he is so raw in everything he does. Kraft has what 1.5 years of reps at TE at any level of football? He was a RB (and I think LB) coming out of HS lol.

Im not the biggest fan of Luke Schoonmaker but I have them as comparable prospects for the Bengals at 92. Kraft has a tremendously higher ceiling but Schoonmaker I can trust more in year one as a TE2/TE-Y with Irv Smith as the move TE.

I feel that you are using a very poor strategy for your draft criteria. When drafting a player it cannot be for the singularity of a first season. Drafts are educated decisions made regarding the future of the player in question. As well, the traits that Kraft displays are transferable to the next level. You seem to have an issue with his experience while I guess I look at the experience he has and what he has shown during that time. The Jackrabbits offense ran the ball a bit more than they passed the ball and both of the TEs did a great deal of blocking in their running game.

I believe you must also consider the work ethic that Kraft applies to the game and his drive to perfect his craft (no pun intended). He works very hard at his game and wants to be great. So no I would not pass on his higher upside to have someone who may or may not have a better first season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
So Ready for the Draft Simulation - OSUfan - 04-08-2023, 10:50 AM
RE: So Ready for the Draft Simulation - OSUfan - 04-09-2023, 02:21 PM