Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Ready for the Draft Simulation
(04-09-2023, 02:21 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I feel that you are using a very poor strategy for your draft criteria. When drafting a player it cannot be for the singularity of a first season. Drafts are educated decisions made regarding the future of the player in question. As well, the traits that Kraft displays are transferable to the next level. You seem to have an issue with his experience while I guess I look at the experience he has and what he has shown during that time. The Jackrabbits offense ran the ball a bit more than they passed the ball and both of the TEs did a great deal of blocking in their running game.

I believe you must also consider the work ethic that Kraft applies to the game and his drive to perfect his craft (no pun intended). He works very hard at his game and wants to be great. So no I would not pass on his higher upside to have someone who may or may not have a better first season.

You also don't draft a very raw high upside player and expect him to be successful in year one.

If you have to depend on a player doing something year one then you would hope that is the trait they can come straight in the league and be successful. I don't think Tucker Kraft will be a successful in-line blocker in year one so they would have to solve that issue another way for 2023 because they don't have that guy right now.

Tucker Kraft wins mostly because he is just a better athlete than alot of players in the FCS he won't do that in the NFL. He is a willing blocker but not a good one yet poor angles plays upright bad hand time and hand placement. He has alot of ceiling in that area like I said the 2021 Aggies game is his best game in college football as a blocker but that was really the only really aggressive blocking game from him.

Tucker Kraft is a very high ceiling player but his floor is just as low as his ceiling is high because of how raw his is in everything. As a receiver I can see him week one finding holes in zones and racking up some YAC. He won't be good against man coverage because he routes are ugly and his route tree out of SDSU is small.

I would say Luke Musgrave and Tucker Kraft have the higher bust chance than most of the other highly rated TE's. Kraft because he is raw and Musgrave because of sample size.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
So Ready for the Draft Simulation - OSUfan - 04-08-2023, 10:50 AM
RE: So Ready for the Draft Simulation - Synric - 04-09-2023, 06:28 PM