Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
(12-21-2015, 11:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: If McCarron plays as well in both remaining games, and shows improvement in both, I would be comfortable with him starting a playoff game. I know that sounds crazy, but we still don't know which Andy will show up for the playoffs. He has had a great season, and hasn't had any stinker games, but we still lost 2 out of 3 prime time games with Andy. On top of that, if the playoff game is his first game back, we really don't know what we'll be getting. He could be rusty, or his thumb could still give him problems gripping the ball and he could be inaccurate, we just don't know. Either way, we would be going into the playoff game with an unknown commodity at QB. In that case, I would be comfortable with the one playing well at the time (McCarron). And who knows, he could shine in big games. I have enough faith in the rst of the O, the D and the ST to trust whoever we put in at QB.

Dalton was fantastic in 2 of those games. Dalton was the biggest reason we hung 31 points on a good defense in AZ. You can't hang that L on him. I somewhat agree on the rust, but Dalton was fine in prime time this year, if you objectively look at his play alone.

(12-21-2015, 12:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In Andy's first ever start he only completed 10 passes for 81 yards.

The biggest loss with Andy is his ability to run and experience.

AJ will be just fine. I think some are unhappy he did so well because it went against their predictions.

Well that's not deceptive at all. Dalton missed the entire 2nd half of his first start. With McCarron, I've been pleased with his performance so far. Just a little aggravated with the Dalton bashing McCarron lovers that have come out of the woodwork lately. Of course, you haven't noticed those guys for "some" reason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're not winning anything without Dalton. - Shake n Blake - 12-21-2015, 02:54 PM