Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Palmer Says Burrow Is Better Than Mahomes!
(04-10-2023, 11:13 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That's the case with most QBs, though, right? QBs will have different skillsets that make them unique but which of those skillsets produces the better player? I think that given Mahomes' success and production it is just incredibly hard to put Burrow over him. Everything that Burrow is elite at, Mahomes is also elite at with Mahomes being better at avoiding pressure and his stronger arm.

Side comment about the arm strength bit. I am working on a project where I calculate maximum ball velocity for each QB so we can get a ranking of sorts for arm strength. The fastest throw I found for Burrow all season was 55 MPH while Mahomes was just a hair under 62 MPH. However, I do want to say one thing - arm strength is pretty overrated. For all of these QBs, I end up watching 50-60 throws before moving on. The vast majority of these passes, even Mahomes, are clocking in around 48-52 MPH. It's pretty rare that these guys actually gun one in. 

You can really overcome arm strength with accuracy and ball placement. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer Says Burrow Is Better Than Mahomes! - WeezyBengal - 04-10-2023, 11:57 AM