Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping Jonah, Cutting Mixon This Year Mock
(04-11-2023, 02:43 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Nice work. If Banks is there he would be a great pick. This year is going to be interesting. Almost every mock I do I take someone else from a different position. And I like most of them.

Love the Charbonnet pick as well.  No one knows how any of these guys can really pass block at this point.  But I think Zack will be able to do it watching everything else he can do.

Almost feels like we need to grab a TE in round 3 but it is deeper this year. I like some other guys better than the Michigan kid but would not hate it.

I have a hard time taking a QB. Seems like there are always a lot of guys that are UFA we could just grab. I would rather grab another TE/CB there. But also would not hate it. Tired of Allen and don't want to pay anyone with Burrow/Tee looming.

Overall great work and I would like this.

I agree, but I didn't really have a TE I liked in the Rd 3 range.
For me, it's Mayer or Washington in Rd 1 or LaPorta or Kraft in Rd 2. I don't really have a TE projected in Rd 3 that I care for.

As for taking a QB vs another position in Rd 6...it all comes down to whether you like Jake Browning. Personally, I'm just meh on him, so I think some potential competition could be good and I like Tune. And I don't think Bengals are super sold on Browning either since they brought in Siemian for a visit.
TE I'm not sure they get another since they added Asiasi last year. Asiasi is entering the final year of his contract, but he was a 3rd round pick for a reason. He could likely be better than a 6th rounder from this year. Had Bengals not picked up Irv Smith, I definitely would have taken a TE in Rds 5-7 to be TE2/3.
CB, same situation. I think Bengals like Allan George and Jalen Davis enough to have them compete for that last CB spot. I don't necessarily think another CB is needed to compete for that spot. I'd almost rather go with another safety (e.g. Daniel Scott) to compete for backup FS/SS spot rather than a CB to compete for CB6.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Jonah, Cutting Mixon This Year Mock - ochocincos - 04-11-2023, 09:34 AM