Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
North Dakota senators boost their own meal reimbursements rejecting free school lunch
(04-13-2023, 03:48 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: to remain in power like you were talking about?? Sorry not buying that.
is that why who ever wins POTUS the other side automatically says we aren't working with them before they even set a foot into office?
Both sides work to preserve their power, and would rather look like idiots than concede one ounce of power to the other side.

I was responding to Bel's power grabbing comments, not the free lunches part.. or did you ignore that i agreed all kids should have free breakfast/lunches and free education?

But what  you are really ignoring is that Kids whose family income fits under the federal poverty guidelines are still getting free lunches, what's been going on is that the Liberals are pushing that threshold and the Reps want it pushed back to the original threshold citing the Billions used on it.

It's a game of cat and mouse, the Libs pushing for it and the Reps using $$ to push back, basically they want the Libs to fund it by cutting money from something else they are funding.  Happens all the time. Libs force Reps to cut money from military spending and so on. Goes back and forth all the time.

Since this particular case is on the State level, it's more than likely they want the FED to pay for it and not the State taxpayers.
It'll likely be squeezed thru as pork on a bill somewhere.

Yeah I'm not reading all of that back tracking nonsense. This is a topic about the GoP taking food from kids and you said both sides do it. I asked you to provide proof of the Democrats doing it. You didn't. You lose. You get nothing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Dakota senators boost their own meal reimbursements rejecting free school lunch - BigPapaKain - 04-13-2023, 07:23 AM