Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we draft a TE, who do you want and when?
(04-14-2023, 02:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Both CAN block, I have seen them block well and Gronk was a fantastic blocker and why he is the GOAT at TE IMO.

They sure aren't an embarrassment when blocking like Kincaid is.

Yes, they are listed as TE's and line up a lot of the time next to O-linemen, hence TE's....

Also, helps with the money as TE's don't get paid as much as WR's.

Good stuff, still would like a TE to be able to block. Kincaid and his bad back concern me if he is the pick.

Fair, but I was mainly sharing what I did because TEs as a whole do not do much pass blocking. They far more often are involved with run blocking instead if they are blocking.
The Bengals TEs in particular only pass blocked 78 times. That includes Hurst, Wilcox, Asiasi, and Sample. Wilcox had the most pass blocks with 37.
Compare that to the run blocking counts - 591. The TE with the most run blocking snaps was also Wilcox at 285.

By comparison, here were the pass blocking snaps for Bengals RBs:
Perine - 66
Mixon - 64
Williams - 4
Evans - 2
-----------------
Total - 136

Among all RBs, Perine and Mixon were 11th and 12th when it comes to number of pass block snaps.
That shows just how much the Bengals want the RB to pass block.
Had the Bengals used the same RB instead of splitting between them, it would have put them 2nd among all RBs, with just Dalvin Cook having more (140).

So if we're looking to focus on blocking for both TEs and RBs for the Bengals, we should focus more on run blocking for TEs and pass blocking for RBs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we draft a TE, who do you want and when? - ochocincos - 04-14-2023, 03:09 PM