Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are we doing with our remaining cap space?
I need clarification on who is eligible for pulling money forward. Can rookie contracts (Higins, Wilson, ect..) be extended with money being added this year or so they have to be literal extensions with no increase in this year?

I believe they can extend vets like Reader and increase this year's number and hopefully that helps offset hits the next few years. Adding a year or two to him specifically will help keep stability and not force them to take a NT early proactively.

Rolling over more for extensions is fine as well. Ideally, we get someone to take Wlliams even for a late pick for the room if it means extending some defensive vets. Same goes for cutting Mixon, adding at least one rookie and landing a bargain vet. If a DL doesn't come up as BPA through the top half of they draft they may wait out a vet that signs as a ring chaser. I think you could get a guy asking for 7M take half that to showcase on a contender, maybe the best value regarding current street FA.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are we doing with our remianing cap space? - phil413 - 04-14-2023, 03:59 PM