Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are we doing with our remaining cap space?
(04-14-2023, 04:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Need Reader to show he can stay healthy this season before any more money is thrown at him. He's missed 18 games in his 3 seasons as a Bengal. He is an impact player when he's on the field, but he needs to be on the field. In 2022, he played 38.32% of the team's defensive snaps, just .1% more than Zach Carter. In 2020 he played 24.43% of the team's defensive snaps, the same as Kahlid Kareem. Any extension will be paying for Reader exclusively in his 30s.

As for Hilton, if it was right after the Buffalo game I would probably agree. He got absolutely ABUSED in pass coverage against the Chiefs. It was ugly, made uglier for him being the face of the "Burrowhead" smack. 8 catches on 9 targets for 133 yards. The Chiefs are going to continue to be the team the Bengals need to beat if they want to get to another SB, so can't be having guys the Chiefs can abuse out there. Any extension will also be paying Hilton exclusive in his 30s.

As Ocho said earlier, rolling over is fine normally but if you're hoping to win a SB rolling over is not a good thing because that's money that could have helped you try to win a SB this year going unused. Winning a SB is hard enough without handicapping yourself further by not adding all the talent you can with your cap space so you can roll it over.

This is where I am at. I am all for spending up to the cap this year to maximize this teams current chances to win a SB. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are we doing with our remaining cap space? - WeezyBengal - 04-14-2023, 04:32 PM