Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drew Sample signs 1 Year Contract
(04-14-2023, 10:02 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I wanted Sample back. Never turned into the sneaky good catcher that one of the homer writers said he could be, but he's a good blocking Tight End right?

When he was drafted, some of the highlights showed several catches that were 15-25 yards down field, but they were all plays where he was pretty much wide open. I had hoped that he shook a LB or Safety on those plays, but, as the years have gone by, I realize that those highlights were much more 'blown coverage' and less 'elusive TE'. 

Almost every catch that he's had as a Bengal has been contested by a defender. I'm not saying that he is good at going up and battling for the ball in the air. I'm saying that he can't get open. Drew Sample trying to get open on pass routes in the NFL often looks like a practice squad d-lineman that can't shed a block. His man is going to be stuck to him from snap to whistle.

BUT, he does know the playbook, like Sunset stated above, and would be a fine #3 or #4 TE.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drew Sample signs 1 Year Contract - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-15-2023, 07:54 AM