Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Colts Clearing cap space to sign Jackson
(04-15-2023, 12:40 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think the Ravens are in a world of hurt. Lamar doesn’t want to be there and they can’t get what they want for him. They’d like to get things settled and can’t.

They've got too good of a roster to rebuild, but not good enough of a QB to really go anywhere, but good enough of a QB that they could easily do worse with the next guy. Lol... it is indeed a tough situation. I just know I sure wouldn't feel comfortable committing to Lamar for 4-5 years with no way out that would also ensure the rest of the roster would get a little worse.

(04-15-2023, 03:11 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: The OBJ singing was so weird. To me, that means they’re not trading Jackson. If they trade him, they’re rebuilding, why sign OBJ to a 1 year 15M deal?

I think Jackson plays 2 more years in Baltimore and moves on. He needs to stay healthy to become marketable again.

Ravens had to get a WR regardless if Lamar is there or not. OBJ signing prevents them from having to use their 1st round pick on a WR. They still might, but at least now they don't have to.

They're not rebuilding even if they trade him because they still have a great OL, great TE, great running game, great defense, and great kicker. A starting QB duo of Huntley and Bridgewater still probably make the playoffs with the Ravens. Are they as good as Lamar? No, but I don't think any of them are taking them to the SB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Colts Clearing cap space to sign Jackson - TheLeonardLeap - 04-15-2023, 03:46 PM