Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow nor Chase best LSU athletes
(04-16-2023, 10:02 AM)pally Wrote: I didn't listen but there could be an argument made for Pistol Pete Maravich too

I can say that I saw Pistol Pete in person as Atlanta Hawks played Cincinnati Royals in 1971.  My first NBA game and I had seen college and high school ball, but NBA is a million times faster up and down the court.  Pistol Pete could be running at full speed like track star, and stop on a dime and be up for a jump shot and I don't know how you do that, and then nothing but net as ball goes in from almost half court.  Pistol Pete score over 40 that night.  So did Royals Nate Archibald.  I saw two great hoops players that night.  Nate The Skate was so fast driving to the hoop past everybody like they were standing still.  That's the amazing thing, running as fast as a track star combined with shooting on the fly like that and making so many like Pistol Pete.  

But as a Cincinnati Bengals Fan, I'm impressed with a Super Bowl followed up with an AFC Championship Game.  The Bengals have never had winning like this before, so Burrow and Chase are tops as far as I'm concerned.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow nor Chase best LSU athletes - kevin - 04-16-2023, 11:28 AM
Burrow nor Chase best LSU athletes - ah5 - 04-16-2023, 06:53 PM