Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
As I said after the draft, my hitting is awful. I was forced to make some early moves on hitting. You can't really go too much on first weeks of season.

I do think I have a few hitters who will have OK seasons. Mostly my Catcher and my Outfielders. Suarez will have his home run streaks as he did with Reds as an infielder. I think in time I can have hitters who are solid. not Stars mind you, but solid regulars on teams I wouldn't want to replace. I'm not there yet.

So my hitting stinks, but I do have some players who I know will put up OK numbers over the season. My Infield hitters are weak, but in time I'll have some of them I can be content to go with. I'm already happier with Tampa First Base who many may remember as a Boston Red Sox hitter who use to bat upper .300's and I'm hoping .270 and 70 RBI's. Yelich crossed the plate around 100 times last year, so if he scored runs again, that's fine. If Perez can give me 30 homers as a catcher, fine. I have some outfielders who could hit 30 homers. Suarez is usually good for 30 homers.

I think a lot of MLB teams are still tinkering with their line-ups, so it's too early to say which free agents are going to get playing time, but that will soon clear up over April and May. I won't get the best hitters, but I will get hitters playing a lot and putting up some points, and that right there would be an improvement. I'm OK with my Catcher and Outfielders, I know they can hit. I'll get my Infield together in time.

I couldn't beat many teams in our league yet, due to lack of hitting points, but my hitting will get better, it's just early in the season yet. My goal is to find hitters so that I don't have to use every add on allowed. That is too much work. Even last year with Judge, he had weeks of few points, you don't bench or drop them. We are just coming out of the gate and not even to the first turn. Hopefully at the First Turn, I will have every day hitters to keep me with the pack around the track to the final turn in August, with something in the tank for that final stretch to the finish line. We are not even at the First Turn yet. My horse is in there, but I need to get some more everyday infielders I can count on to keep pace and get me around the track, if I am to keep pace with the better teams in this race.

Injuries, need to save add on moves for those. Always a lot of injuries, I think I added a good one in Braves infielder, but he is injured. Waiting for his return. Add Ons are like Time Outs in NFL, I'd like to have many of them for the 2 minute warnings. But, sometimes injuries use up a lot.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show) - kevin - 04-17-2023, 05:47 AM