Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line of Communication- Mega QB’s
(04-15-2023, 11:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wonder how much of that is a chicken and egg situation.

-They had Marquise Brown, but he demanded a trade and he put up 80.8 yards per game before getting hurt.
-They had Willie Snead who had 2 very good seasons with the Saints before some off-field stuff and then went to the Ravens and gradually vanished.
-They had Hayden Hurst and he put up his 3rd and 5th lowest totals of his 5 year career.
-They had John Brown (Lamar had him for half a year) but Brown put up 117 yards in 7 games with Lamar after 601 yards in 9 games with Flacco, and then went to Buffalo and put up 1,060 yards the next year.

I'm not saying they've had amazing options in the passing game with Lamar, they haven't. The Ravens seem to be terrible at drafting WRs... but I think some QBs elevate pass catchers, some QBs have pass catchers produce exactly as they are, and some QBs bring the pass catchers down. Lamar is in the third category.

Mahomes just put up 5,250 passing yards and won a SB and his top-3 WRs were Juju Smith-Schuster, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Justin Watson. I know Kelce is better than Andrews, but Lamar has never even thrown for 3,250, let alone 5,250....

Fair point.
It could be playcalling and/or QB that is resulting in the WRs not doing as well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Line of Communication- Mega QB’s - ochocincos - 04-17-2023, 09:47 AM