Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Barnwell suggests trade partner for Jonah Williams
(04-19-2023, 11:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bill Barnwell of ESPN released a mock draft that involves a trade for every team.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/story/_/id/36173214/2023-nfl-mock-draft-all-trades-deals-all-31-round-1-picks-aaron-rodgers-lamar-jackson-aaron-donald

In this mock, he specifically discusses an idea for a trade involving Jonah Williams.

So essentially, Bengals offload Jonah while getting to move up 9 spots in Rd 1 and 10 spots in Rd 3. No additional picks.

What are your thoughts on this potential idea for draft compensation?
About right?
Not enough?
Too much?

The only way that trade makes sense for us is to take a tackle at #19. Wright or B. Jones most likely. I don't think Jonah has much trade value, so I'd be OK with it on our end if that $12.6 mil is put to good use this year. Though I'd usually prefer getting an extra pick, the extra $$ serves the same purpose here. Heck, if we felt REALLY good about the OT we take at #19, we could release Collins as well, and have $20 mil more in space and $35 mil overall. IDK if there are FAs worth spending that on, or if we want to commit long term salary with our upcoming crunch. But 1 year deals for guys like Byard, Baker, Cook, etc would be realistic all of a sudden.

But it makes no sense for Tampa. They move down 10 spots in round 1 & 3, go no extra picks, and get an OT who is worse than a guy they could take at #19, more expensive than a #19 pick, coming off an injury, and can walk after this year to boot. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Barnwell suggests trade partner for Jonah Williams - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-19-2023, 02:03 PM