Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Barnwell suggests trade partner for Jonah Williams
(04-19-2023, 02:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The only way that trade makes sense for us is to take a tackle at #19. Wright or B. Jones most likely. I don't think Jonah has much trade value, so I'd be OK with it on our end if that $12.6 mil is put to good use this year. Though I'd usually prefer getting an extra pick, the extra $$ serves the same purpose here. Heck, if we felt REALLY good about the OT we take at #19, we could release Collins as well, and have $20 mil more in space and $35 mil overall. IDK if there are FAs worth spending that on, or if we want to commit long term salary with our upcoming crunch. But 1 year deals for guys like Byard, Baker, Cook, etc would be realistic all of a sudden.

But it makes no sense for Tampa. They move down 10 spots in round 1 & 3, go no extra picks, and get an OT who is worse than a guy they could take at #19, more expensive than a #19 pick, coming off an injury, and can walk after this year to boot. 

Depends who is available at 19 for Tampa honestly.
They need a LT, not RT. If Broderick Jones, Paris Johnson, and Peter Skoronski are gone by 19, one could argue there isn't a LT who could be NFL-ready worthy to take at that point. They could then move back to get Jonah for this year and get someone like Anton Harrison to groom for a year before taking over the following year.

For Cincy, 19 could be a prime spot to get Darnell Wright, their choice in TE, a CB they really like, or Bijan Robinson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Barnwell suggests trade partner for Jonah Williams - ochocincos - 04-19-2023, 02:21 PM