Poll: Who you got?
Takeo Spikes
Vontaze Burfict
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vs Series: Takeo Spikes vs Vontaze Burfict
(04-19-2023, 03:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That's kind of the problem though, right? Vontaze didn't have off-the-field issues - it was all on the field. AFAIK, he was never suspended or fined for anything he did out of football. It was all things he did during a game. He was a penalty machine and often suspended. If he wasn't suspended, he was injured. He was very injury prone. Outside of his two first years, which were phenomenal, he barely played 50% of available games. 

If I was starting a team today, there are several linebackers I would take before I even considered Vontaze to be honest. He was just a negative asset. I think a lot of people adore him because of the "mindset" that he brought but that same mindset didn't fit the era he played in and was detrimental to the team. To be more clear, I think Takeo was the better player and had a better career. If Vontaze was able to play like he did his first two years, it would be no question. He was a force and didn't rack up penalties. That isn't the case, unfortunately. 

exactly. I'd take 2013 Burfict over Spikes, but that's it

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vs Series: Takeo Spikes vs Vontaze Burfict - Frank Booth - 04-19-2023, 04:01 PM