Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line of Communication- Mega QB’s
(04-19-2023, 12:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a tough situation.

Like say Franchise QB A wants $60 million a year and is willing to hold out. The Teams offense is built around him. He can threaten to hold out. Other teams may be interested in him.

Where Lamar's situation failed is no other teams made a play for him.

IF Burrow was in that situation, a bunch of teams would want him. Like Burrow could say he wants $65 million a year, and likely multiple teams would do it.

The other side of these guarantees, is how much is enough? With a $230 million guarantee, the contract may as well be fully guaranteed because they won't waive him and take that cap hit.

I agree it is a tough situation. I think the Ravens have made a fair offer that can also protect them from overpaying long term.

I think Jackson has overvalued his worth based upon Cleveland overpaying for Watson. It’s further complicated by Jackson serving as his own agent and is without the counsel and experience of a professional sports agent.

That’s why, in my opinion, this is strictly a financial standoff and doesn’t have anything to do with a lack of communication and why overpaying for a WR for one season won’t have the impact some think it might.

It is as simple as “show me the money” despite how others might try overthink it. Classic Occam’s razor.

There are $100 million reasons why they haven’t reached an agreement and a lack of communication or OBJ ain’t one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Line of Communication- Mega QB’s - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-19-2023, 04:10 PM